Saturday 27 April 2013

Queenstown/Arrowtown

So after our festivities in Dunedin, we continued on to Queenstown for a little more action. We took a different route this time, so we could see some new country and see where the Central Otago Rail Trail was. It is a 150 km bike trail along the old train track, so we didn't really have the time to bike it.



We made it to Queenstown late afternoon and headed to Fergburger for dinner. It has the best burgers in the country for sure. Basically an explosion of awesome in your mouth.


After eating our sloppy burgers, we strolled through some shops and stopped at a couple different pubs for a drink. We then headed to Below Zero which is a bar made of ice. It was only around 7 o'clock so we were the only ones in there, but we made the best of it. I thought these photos were cool, so I went a little overboard.







How cute is she!!


The next bar on our little pub crawl was World Bar. They serve the drinks in teapots and were half price for an hour so we took advantage of it.


While there we met a Kiwi couple and a German guy that we chit-chatted with before all going to the next bar: Cowboys. It was definitely more my kind of crowd and was quite packed. Roberta was the first of us to jump up and show us how to ride the bull. She definitely made it her 8 secs and rode with style. I'll give her a score of 85. I then had a go at it myself and was able to stay on for longer than I expected. It was some good old hick fun: yeehaaw.

I take this stuff serious I guess.

On a different note, when my parents and I were on our trip in Doubtful Sound a Dutch couple talked about the bathrooms at one of the holiday parks in Queenstown. Mom wanted to stay there but when they were here we picked the wrong one. These pics are for you Ma.

 The Mens



 The Womans



After a nice little sleep in, we headed off to Arrowtown for the Autumn Festival of lights. We went on a nice little walk along the creek and it definitely felt like fall, and made me think of home a bit.






The small town was booming with people with live music and different sorts of events including championship gold panning and beer olympics.



We didn't have much time to spend as we had a couple's massage booked for mid-afternoon. It was my first massage ever and now I may be hooked. I don't know if I have ever been so relaxed. There was no time to laze around though as we needed to get to Manapouri for our next day's event......




No comments:

Post a Comment