Thursday 16 May 2013

Skydiving above Abel Tasman National Park

That's right folks we did it!
I wasn't too sure if I would ever be able to say it but I went skydiving. And it was awesome. We went out of a town called Motueka, which is right at the foot of the Abel Tasman National Park. From the sky we could also see Kahurangi National Park, Farewell Spit, the Southern Alps, the North Island. There were also tons of orchards to see from up there, as this is a big fruit-producing area. We had a gorgeous day, couldn't have asked for better weather. Here is a video that pretty much sums up the whole skydive experience:

As you can see, right before we were about to jump out of the plane I was absolutely terrified! I have never been so scared in my life. Jared and I had a pretty good laugh after, watching the video and seeing how scared I was. Jared had been skydiving once before so was not nearly as big of a chicken. It was so unbelievably windy up there, hence why I look so ridiculous in all of the pictures.

Here are some still pics in case you couldn't get the video to load:

Jared wasn't scared....
.....I was!
Is it too late to turn back at this point? I am so terrified right now
Out we go!

Sweet As!

Safely on the ground

Jared too!

Celebration!

While in Motueka, we met up with our Canadian pals, Tristen and Alex. They are picking Kiwi fruit in an orchard just outside town. They put us up for the night and of course, gave us some Kiwi fruit.
The next day we went into Motueka with Tristen and Al and checked out the Farmer's Market. It has now been 3 days in a row that I have had RealFruit Ice Cream, and I am quite pleased about that.
Until Next Time!


No comments:

Post a Comment